Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day Rescue

 Mothers Day Rescue
So today is Mothers Day,
For my gift to Mom I let her sleep until 7:33 I thought that was a great gift.
 She let us out to potty, and  all the other dogs ran to the tree and started freaking out.
I grabbed my Frisbee so she could start her day off right. However she felt the need to see what was up with the rest of the gang. To her surprise she found a baby owl that fell from it's nest.
 Cisco wanted to eat it and Kiefer wanted to play with him. Good thing Shawnee was protecting him from harm.
Mom put the baby in a cat carrier and put him in a safe place away from all us barking dogs.
Mom. Nikki and Kiefer took a drive to Weston, CT.
 The man at the sanctuary said he was about 1 week old. He was very scared  but he will be just fine. 
Here he is in the crate.
So much for a quiet Mothers Day but Mom said it is always a cool thing when you save a life!

2 comments: